Wednesday 19 September 2007

A Poem

My sister wrote this poem and I thought it was really good. It's formatted a little differently on paper...

Final Expression of Love

God give me strength.
The heart is weak,
The body is weary,
The mind is gone.

If no healing then
Peace
Freedom
The constraints of the body
this world
Freedom
Peace.

God give me strength.
To express my love this way.
I am so afraid, so afraid.

Collect for me
memories of love.
Bring them to the brim,
flooding out the pain and sadness.
Show my expression of love.
Pure.
True.
em

2 comments:

John said...

cool!
I didn't know Em wrote poetry.

Jim Hall said...

I agree with you... good poem.
I've never been able to write poetry and have to admit that it's a literary form that often escapes me.
it's good to read how others process through poetry.